What is so special about each holiday season? They all increase the selling of products. There are many reasons why you should consider seasonal marketing to promote your products, including the seven which are listed below:
1. People tend to buy more products during seasonal celebrations than the rest of the year.
2. People are determined to purchase products, so it is easier to persuade them to purchase a product you offer (assuming of course you are doing it the right way).
3. Most purchases concern gifts to others, therefore quality is what matters while price is less significant.
4. The time of celebration is limited and specific. Therefore people cannot leave for tomorrow what they need to buy for the celebration. They must act in a timely manner. This urgency is a huge advantage to marketers trying to sell products.
One other motivating factor for buyers is that seasonal products are limited and something they have in-mind may not be available in the stores at a different time.
5. People connect seasonal celebrations with their childhood. That makes them more emotional and as you might already know emotion is the key factor that makes people buy a product.
6. It is not always necessary to offer a celebration related product to increase your sales. Even a valued Internet product like software or e-books can be a valued gift.
7. Marketers do not have to invent new or never before used methods to create interest in seasonal products.
The old traditional marketing techniques are effective and can still be applied. People want to buy because of the “celebration”. In fact, many people may not see their purchase as buying at all, but as an act of making someone (including themselves) more happy.
Naturally, seasonal marketing may use different strategies to promote products. Instead of offering a product discount try the following:
- Offer a portion of the price of your product to charities and make people feel they contribute to this charity themselves.
- Try a special offer like “purchase one product and get the other at half price” or “purchase one product and get another free to offer as a gift”.
These types of special offers can very easily increase your sales volume.
So, do not hesitate. Start promoting your products (or affiliate products) now. And don’t forget, once a celebration ends, there are many others right around the corner. People are always looking for reasons to purchase gifts for others or for themselves.